Freelancing Portfolio Rule : Put your best foot forward

I have been into freelancing world from long time, apart from being a professional blogger, I also spend lots of time in freelancing work like custom Wordpress theme, Wordpress SEO, Custom wordpress plugins, Wordpress consultancy and so on.

One easy way to attract the client is by showing them your portfolio. Portfolio is a collection of website/client you have worked with and you want to show the world what you are capable of.

quality-vs-quantity< Image credit>

One common mistake which people do while creating a portfolio for themselves is by putting all your work together. Even I did the same mistake on my portfolio. One basic rule of creating a nice portfolio is by showing only the best work and which makes your portfolio page or portfolio website look appealing.

Let me put it this way, suppose I worked on search engine optimization for one of my client, after finishing his work, first thing I would like to do is ask for a testimonial and add his website under my portfolio. But, what if website design is pathetic and he wants to keep the same layout, that will be ugly side of my good work.

So if you are into freelancing world, and have created your portfolio, make sure you put quality over quantity. Else despite of big list of clients, you will never be able to create first impression on your clients.

What’s your freelancing secret? Don’t forget to share with us.

Related posts:

  1. LimeExchange-The New Hub to Post and Find Freelancing Projects
  2. Freelancing as a career
  3. 7 Benefits of Working From Home

0 comments: